Backing Up your device
The first thing to do when your looking to update your device is to make sure that you have things backed up. If you have an iCloud backup, you might just make sure that it’s up to date.
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Click on your name at the top of the next page
- scroll down to select iCloud Backup
- Then press Back Up Now.
Updating your phone
Once you’ve done that you can upgrade.
- Go back to settings
- scroll down to General
- Push on Software Update
- Let your phone search for the update
- It should come up with a Download and Update button on that page.
- Your phone will download the update and then ask you if you are ready to restart and install.
- Your phone will turn off and you will get an Apple logo with a progress bar.
- Once the update has finished, it will walk you through setting up anything for iOS 12
That’s all you need to do!